Tuesday, April 24, 2012


Structure = Function = Life


My 101 year old grandfather in law, George, lives on his own in his own house, still drives to church and the store, does woodworking in his garage, and is totally with it mentally.  There are many factors that go into how long someone lives, and even more factors that go into how well someone lives. 

One thing I have noticed and I believe has a profound effect on his overall amazing health, is his structure.  What the heck am I talking about?  Well, to put it simply, he has good posture.  He does certain things to take care of his spine, and he makes an intentional effort to use good posture when he is doing his normal life activities.

Keeping your head over your shoulders allows for many proper things to happen in your body, and I see a real life example of this every time I spend time with George.  He is an inspiration to me, and hopefully motivation to you.  Motivation to keep in mind the structure of your body as you live out each day.  

George has sound structure, he functions well, and he has something very precious ….. life!

                                              Does he look like a 101 year old to you?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this guy is amazing! I would have guessed 85. What an inspiration. Thanks for sharing, Dr. Luke!

    ReplyDelete