Thursday, May 31, 2012


Wake-Up and Smell the … Tea?


I decided to switch from being a coffee drinker to a tea drinker a few weeks ago, and I LOVE it!  I have been a faithful coffee consumer for years, and every time I heard a bit of information about the benefits of moderate coffee consumption, I would feel affirmed in my daily coffee routine.  Since switching over to being a daily tea guy, let me detail out a few changes I have noticed;

1.  I save money – its cheaper to buy tea than coffee
2.  Better breath – I don’t have ‘coffee breath’ anymore
3.  Whiter teeth – no more coffee stains on my teeth
4.  Less stomach problems – my tummy feels better

Now let me mention another tea fact; Tea contains antioxidants – which can help bolster your immune system.

Your immune system is vitally important to how you experience life.  Have you ever heard the term “you are what you eat”?  Well guess what…. its true!!  Consuming tea on a regular basis and helping maintain or build a normal strong immune system has huge implications for how well you experience health.  But, do yourself a big favor, DO NOT add stuff to your tea (like sugar) the herbs in tea often add a little flavor by themselves, and try to get organic tea if possible.

If you want more information about herbs in general, I recommend consulting with an acupuncturist.  My acupuncturist is Jenny Dull in Arroyo Grande, http://www.jennydullacupuncture.com/

So, maybe tomorrow when you wake-up, instead of smelling coffee brewing, you will be enjoying a cup of tea instead.

2 comments:

  1. So right! For all the reasons you mention and also the ability to better regulate caffeine intake. And there's this: coffee comes in light or dark roast or with artificial flavoring. Tea, on the other hand, has much greater variety and is fun to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dr. Luke for advocating tea and herbs, nature's gift to us!

    ReplyDelete