Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sick and Water

I am currently fighting off a cold!  It is such a drag having a cold and I find it very irritating.  This is the first time I have been sick in over three years, so it also feels somewhat foreign.  This does make for a good chance to write a blog entry though (and watch Star Wars movies).
 
One thing I am struck by is how much water I am consuming while being in this un-well state.  I am drinking water and tea like I just ran a marathon in the Sahara while eating jalapenos!  I understand that drinking lots of fluids aids my body’s natural immune response to dispose of the current strain of cold virus inside me.  So how about a big thumbs up to my immune system for doing its job!!
 
Drinking all these fluids also makes me realize that I probably don’t drink enough healthy fluids during my well times.  I feel convicted to keep up a healthy amount of water intake once I have kicked this cold to the curb.
 
How important is it to drink water and other healthy fluids?  Your entire body will function and feel better when you are well hydrated… including your brain and your heart, your muscles, digestive system, and all your other organ systems.  Keep in mind you get about 20% of your fluid intake from the food you eat, especially from fruits and veggies!  The best drinks for good fluid intake include water, herbal teas, black and green teas, and even coffee in moderation.  Another great fluid intake source is from ‘juicing’.  Avoid soda of all kinds, as well as other sugar sweetened drinks.  Your body deserves better!
 
As I mend up from this pesky cold, it’s nice to know I am aiding my body by drinking tons of water and tea, and will be back to my usual self soon.  Now go drink some water!

No comments:

Post a Comment